Thursday, November 4, 2010

What's for dinner?

I love to cook and love trying new things. I usually discuss new ideas with Mr. first, but tonight I didn't. I could just imagine his face as I told him what I wanted to try and so I thought it was best to keep it a surprise...




I cooked chicken in a skillet on top of the stove and then put it in the oven until it was done and the topping is made up of feta cheese, some butter, and freshly chopped sage. Sweet mashed potatoes with a hint of nutmeg and steamed pears with red onion. This was a delicious meal! I prepared their plates and brought it to the table and their faces were priceless...lol!!! Mr. and my little buddy were true champs as they tried it for me. Mr. liked everything but the mashed potatoes (which I'm going to try again, because I know I can make them better), and my little buddy tasted it and said no thank you.
I found this recipe while watching Rachel Ray...I usually tune in when it is just the cooking part. If you want to try it I can tell you exactly what it is called so you may look it up too!

No comments: