Friday, November 5, 2010

My Parents...

I have two sets of parents:) I have my dad and mom and then step- parents. My dad and mom married when they were 15 and 16, yes I wrote that correctly! They were in high school when they decided to marry and they finished high school afterwards. They had me when they were in their twenties and divorced when I was about 7 years old. My dad married again (Mrs. S) and my mom married again too (Mr. E). They are both really happy now in their marriages and I am glad that God has blessed them.
Dad and Mrs. S raised me for the most part of my life. I love my dad. He has worked hard all his life to provide for his family and had chased after God for the majority of his life. What they taught me: If you really want something (i.e. a car, schooling, etc.) then you should work hard to pay for it yourself because you will appreciate it more. They gave the street sense, to pay attention to my surroundings, and not to take things for granted. Family is important, so keep them close. Take your children to church, because if you don't start when they are little they will not want to go when they are older.
Due to crazy things (court and everything else) I started a relationship with my mom after I was 19. I know that she loves me because she carried me and raised me during the early part of my life. I missed out on a lot because I was confused and needed time to grow as well. Over the part 12 plus years, mom and Mr. E has taught me: that that I need to breathe, that if I have a little then I can give a lot. It's ok to cry. A phone does make outgoing and incoming calls (lol). How to take care of your spouse. There are no secrets, anything can be discussed - it just might take a while to process.
They all have taught me more that what I wrote, I just typed out the first thoughts that came to me first. I love them all and pray for them everyday. I know that through the four of them I have become an awesome parent myself, (yes I can brag a little, lol).

No comments: