Thursday, November 4, 2010

My amazing children...

Today is November 4th and I am extremely thankful that God chose me to be a mother to my little buddy and baby girl. They are a huge part of my life. They bless me everyday and I couldn't imagine my life without them. I love them both with all of my heart.
My little buddy was a surprise. He was not planned for and it was shocking to find out that we were pregnant. He came into our lives and changed us forever. He was diagnosed with Autism at 15 months and we decided then that we had to work hard to give him wings to fly. He continued therapy until this summer and he is doing great! He is so super smart and so loving too! He is my little buddy and my sunshine:) He has given me so much over the years...he has taught me that there are two ways to do anything, that you don't always have to talk to communicate, and how strong my faith can be in Jesus. Whereas most parents take for granted that their children talk, I will not, (He didn't talk until he was almost 3.) I have seen miracles that only God could do in him and I will always remember.
In between my little buddy and baby girl, I miscarried. I was only 7 weeks along but I knew that I wanted that baby. My little buddy wanted us to have that baby too! He just knew that it was a little girl (he wanted a sister) and he called her "baby Kate". It broke my heart to lose her and even more so when we told my little buddy that baby Kate had to go live with Jesus. He understood but we were both broken hearted for a long time.
Two years after baby Kate, I gave birth to Baby Girl. It almost didn't seem real and sometimes it still doesn't. She is a huge blessing to us and her big brother thinks that she is the best thing that has ever happened! She can light up the room with her smile and I am so very happy to have her in my life. She was prayed for every day for the past two years.
God is so good. His timing is perfect. To me I have 3 children. I may not have them all with me, but they are all loved none the less. I praise God for the blessing of parenthood. It is crazy sometimes but I love being their mother more than anything!

No comments: