Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankfuls for 20-22nd:)

Nov. 20~I am loving this weather! I love walking outside and feeling the wind whip around me and the leaves being tossed through the air. I love the colors and the crunching of leaves as I walk. I love layering clothes. I wish the weather could stay like this always...but then there would be no swimming pools for the summer and no beautiful flowers for the spring and the snowmen in the winter time would just be a thing you read about in books. I am thankful that we get to experience all four seasons but this one is definitely my favorite:)

Nov. 21~ I sat and watched today as some of my family and church family got together to celebrate Thanksgiving. I watched them laugh and enjoy conversation and share recipes. I love my family and I miss the ones that I don't get to see very often. I can't wait until Thursday when I get to see relatives that I haven't seen in such a long time:)

Nov. 22~ I think that some people look down on the moms that get to stay home or the ones that can't afford to work so they have to stay home. I am somewhere in the middle of that statement. I was asked to stay home this time after having our second child. I have worked on and off my entire life, (since I could work). I wish some days that I did have a job because it would be easier financially, but I would miss being here and taking care of my children.

Here are somethings that I do: I am a Housekeeper, a Cook, Daycare Teacher, Facilities Manager, Computer Operator, Professional Driver, Psychologist, Janitor, Laundry Machine Operator, CEO of my house, Staff Nurse, Event Planner, Nutritionist, Bookkeeper, Administrative Assistant, and an Interior Decorator. So far for the year I should have grossed $170,000!!!

Unfortunately, I do not get paid in cash, but what I do get is worth so much more! I get a precious baby that smiles so big that her eyes sparkle. I will get to see her roll over, her first word, and I will get to witness her first step. I get the first hello from my little buddy getting off the bus and get to hear about his day. To practice math principles and get to help in the school projects. I even get the opportunity to help out at his school. I receive a simple thank you and a kiss from a husband that knows that I long to go shop for a new something, but I will dig deep into the closet instead to pull out something I haven't worn in a while.

I love being able to stay at home, not because I don't want to work, (because this is a whole lot harder than any job I've ever done) I want to be here because I believe this is where God wants me to be right now. So anyone that thinks I am, or someone else they know, is staying home because they are lazy, selfish or spoiled then think again.

I am thankful that my husband makes sacrifices so that I can stay home right now. I used to think that I would go crazy being at home all the time. I have been home for three months and I am not bored nor am I going crazy. I have things that have to be done daily and I take pride in a job well done at the end of the day. Thank you Lord for putting me in this place and thank you for Your support so that I may continue to do this as long as You need me to!

No comments: