Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My church...

I am thankful that I go to a small church, sometimes. I feel lost in a really big church. I know some people prefer either or and that it fine...wherever you may go I hope they teach God's Word and not doctrines of religion. My church is full of family and ones that have known me since my father married Mrs. S. I have watched my church go up and down in numbers of attendance. Yet, the faithful remain.
I am thankful for them allowing my husband to be nominated by his peers to teach them. He enjoys teaching the Young Adult Sunday School Class. He studies and prepares all week. They love watching him teach too! ~Yes I said watch...they do listen, at least I hope, but he walks in circles because he can't be still. He has also "preached" on a Sunday to the whole church and he is about to do it again!
I am thankful for my Pastor. He is a loving, patient, kind man who radiates Christ throughout his entire being. His family has been under attack with health issues this past year. Yet, we have seen prayers answered and miracles present themselves. He loves the church members. I know that if I have a need that is greater than what I can handle then I can go to him and he will go before the Father with me. Thank you for all that you do and the time and the effort that you pour into our church body.

No comments: