Thursday, November 11, 2010

Peaceful sleep

I love watching my children sleep. They seem so very peaceful and angelic. My little buddy never really slept good. When he was little he would wake up every 2-3 hours and scream constantly. I thought he was never, ever going to be able to sleep all night long. He finally did sleep all the way through when he was about three. Yes, I went years with him not taking naps and never sleeping. Even to this day it is a struggle for him to sleep all night. I am not sure what time he got up this morning, but I know that it was before 5:30am, but he does this all the time.
When I was pregnant with baby girl, I prayed over her all the time. I wanted her to be able to sleep. After my little buddy, I needed one child to sleep. She does very well and sleeps for 7-9 hours straight. Then she usually wakes up, eats, and goes back to sleep for about an hour or two. How wonderful is that? I am very thankful for a good nights rest.
I am also thankful for the times that I can curl up with both my babies and snuggle. With my little buddy it's usually when he is watching a movie or his favorite t.v. show. Yet, he still likes to cuddle. When baby girl takes a nap, I am guilty of cuddling with her too so I can take a nap!
I love these special times with my children, These are the times that I will miss when they decide they are too big to snuggle. My little buddy has already began to tell me that kisses are for babies and he is a grown up. It breaks my heart, so I take what I can get when I can. I don't want them to grow up and not know that they are truly loved. So I don't care if the house is perfect as long as they are fed, loved and taken of~ that's all that matters.

No comments: