Friday, November 19, 2010

My Bible

I am so thankful for the Word of God. It can be a weapon in warfare, a light for my path, a search engine to the answers of life, a standard to live by, a parenting manual, a marriage counselor, and so much more!

I love my Bible. I received it from my parents on Christmas Day in 1994. Wow! That is almost 16 years ago and I'm really not that old, I promise. I love looking in my Bible and seeing all the passages where God has spoken to me. All the notes that I have written in the front, some of them follows: "You fail your faith, your Faith does not fail you!", The blood of Christ does not cover up my sins but it washes away ALL of my sins.", "Using your faith is doing the impossible, not understanding how it can be done.".

I have tons of Scripture references written out in the back. I have a song, and the names of God written out too! I can look in this Bible and see where I was and where God has brought me to today. I have written notes in the margins and across the top and bottom of different pages. I know that I can pop open my Bible to a number a Scripture verses by just the way the pages feel as my hand runs across them.

I am thankful for this Love Letter that is 66 books long. He poured ALL His promises into this book so that I may have them. If your parents had a will, what use is it to you if you don't know whats in it??? I want to know what is in my Father's Will for my life. I know that He has a plan for me, (Jeremiah 29:11). I should make time each day to talk with Him and allow Him to talk to me too! It's not so much fun to have a one-sided conversation. He wants me to search Him out and the more I know about Him the more I fall in love with Him.

No comments: