Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6: I'm thankful for...

I am thankful for the option to homeschool. We didn't start homeschooling until the end of last school year. I wanted to protect my son from things that were going on in his school. I believe that it is a personal choice and this is something that I had to pray long and hard about. I kept thinking...but he needs to be socialized and he needs interaction. Could I truly take this on with him having special needs and the whole deal? I was definitely scared and worried about "how I would do"...then I realized that I was going to be a tool for God to work through. He can help me do anything that He has put in my heart to do. I knew I could do this and we would be just fine.

So I am thankful for the ability to homeschool by the grace of God. I am thankful that I have found curriculum that works for us. I am thankful for the routine that has been established in our home. I am thankful that we can read our Bible and pray freely! I am thankful that I can teach all the pledges (the American flag, the Christian flag, and the Bible). I am thankful that my son is learning memorizing scripture and that will be imprinted on his heart forever. I am thankful for the flexible days when we just want to be a little lazy or stay in our p.j's. I am thankful for the jam packed days. I am thankful that he is getting the one on one attention that he needs. I am thankful that we can slow down and concentrate where he may need the most help. I am thankful for homeschool groups so he can have some buddies to play with & I get some grown up time.

No comments: