Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Baby's First Necklace

I love jewelry. I think that most women do. I don't think it should be worn in over abundance but I do think that accents are good. Since becoming a mom I often forget to put on my jewelry before leaving the house. I feel naked without my wedding ring, bracelet and sometimes earrings.

I think that it is super sweet when a baby is wearing jewelry. I LOVE bald headed babies that have their ears pierced! It is just too cute!!! (just my opinon) I love seeing a baby with a necklace or a bracelet, so very sweet. I actually looked at jewelry for baby girl before she was born...lol. I never thought that I would actually buy anything until she was older...but then I came across this:

A Baltic Amber Necklace from Inspired By Fin.


Doesn't she look absolutely adorable!!! I love her little grin here.


Baby girl has been having a really rough time with teething. She screams constantly, cries in her sleep, refuses to eat, and hits her mouth with her fist. I read about this necklace from Cloth Diaper Addiction. I told my husband about it and we decided to try it...what harm could it do right?

We ordered it last Tuesday and it was here by Saturday! Wow, I was already impressed with the shipping. I took a picture as soon as it arrived. I was super excited and I put it on her immediately! I think it took a couple of days to really start working. She was such a happy baby today! As you can tell from the picture:)

So why this necklace? Well, Baltic Amber has been used in Europe as a natural and traditional remedy and curative for many ailments for centuries. Long ago it was considered one of the leading ‘medicines’ of its time. Baltic Amber is the most esteemed amber in the world, and the healing qualities of Baltic Amber make it unlike any other type of amber found in the world.
When baltic amber is worn on the skin, the skin’s warmth releases trace amounts of healing oils from the amber. These oils contain succinic acid and are absorbed into the skin. Baltic Amber has some of the highest concentrations of Succinic Acid found in nature, and this is what makes it so special. Succinic Acid is a natural component of plant and animal tissues, and it's presence in the human body is beneficial in many ways.

Baltic Amber can help with: pain relief, strengthens the body's immune system, restoring energy, maintaining wellness, and to help break a cycle of (chronic) inflammation.  

I do believe that it has helped. She doesn't sleep in it at night, but I do wrap it around her foot (no clasps to pinch her) and put a long sock over when she does sleep. I love this necklace from Inspired by Fin. I think it is beautiful! Thank you!

***This is also called a teething neckalce, and the lighter the color the better the results will be:)

1 comment:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

My blog sponsor is hazelaid and we got a necklace for my youngest, she had strep for 4 months last winter. since having the necklace this winter she has had colds but they have never ever gone into strep! :)