Friday, June 15, 2012

Changing Diapers Book Review

I was excited when I was asked to review the Changing Diapers, The Hip Mom's Guide to Modern Cloth Diapering, written by Kelly Wels. First off I have to tell you that I am a SUPER SLOW reader and I hardly ever finish a book. This one I finished and loved every minute! I have had this book for about three months and it really kept my attention. I think it's because as you are reading it feels as if you are sitting with Kelly herself and talking about cloth diapers. As questions would pop into my head, she answered them as I read on. It truly was a fun book to read.

Kelly Wels is a leading cloth diaper expert and advocate who has a passion for helping parents make informed decisions when it comes to how they diaper their babies. She is a mother of three children. You can find out more about her and this book at http://www.kellywels.com/.

Kelly takes you from the why should I cloth diaper to when can I start! She begins with sharing some facts about cloth. Gives you the five main reasons you should try cloth. She even breaks down the different brands, including pictures~who doesn't love pictures?!

She covers washing your diapers, leaks, rashes and even nighttime use! There's even a chapter for Dad:) When some people begin to start the process of cloth diapering you don't realize that there are other products that you may need. She also goes over this for you!

One of my favorite chapters is learning about what you need to start off with in cloth. Baby Sweetums is due in November and I have decided to start from day one!:) My other favorite is the Resources section. I am a huge list maker so I am LOVING all the little pre-made lists that she has already made for you!!!

I simply LOVED this book! I've already been telling people all about it and can't rave enough. This is a must have if you're thinking about cloth diapering or you are a seasoned rookie because you will still learn something. Get your copy today!!!

No comments: