Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Little Drummer Boy

I have been listening to Christmas music, tis the season, and I heard one song that I have heard all my life...you know the one....

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we come.

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.

We have been diligently working on making presents for everyone this Christmas, in the mean time we have been talking about the talents God gave us. How do we use them? Are we honoring God with them? Are we blessing others with them? Some people have lots of talents and others seem to only have a handful but all the same we are supposed to use them for His glory.

So this song has played over and over in my head. Here are the wise men and their gifts were amazing in themselves and they were giving what they thought was the best. He comes this poor little drummer. He has nothing but his talent. He could have went off and pouted and sat down and played a sad tune called Woe unto Me. BUT he chose to go praise the King of Kings with his drum. He gave the only thing he had his talent!

I am honored to teach my children that God is pleased and smiles at them still this day when they use there talent for His glory. I am so excited that I get the honor of teaching them this simple truth. I get to demonstrate it in my daily life. I am blessed with all the talents that God has given to me and I pray that He helps me to bless others.



No comments: