Monday, September 26, 2011

Another baby...

Before I start..no I'm not pregnant:) I just want to get that out of the way just in case any friends or family read this. These are my personal thoughts and beliefs and I thought I'd share them. I also am referring to "married" women in this post. My husband may or may not share the same feelings express in this particular subject, nor does he really know about this post yet...


Recently I have been secretly longing for a third baby. I have been hearing a lot of friends having or thinking about having more babies. And of course looking at their baby's pictures makes my internal mother want another. I know, I know, Baby Girl just turned one and it would be a little much at the moment. But I still can't help but to think about another.

I was talking to another mom about this and she made a very interesting point, "Does we ever really feel like we are done having kids?". God made us to reproduce, right? Did He ever tell us to stop? I guess what I mean is that I believe God placed a desire in our hearts, as women, to want children. I don't think that God will ever put more on us than what we can handle. So how many can you handle? Some days the two that I have are plenty. But then I think how I would have loved my son to have someone to play with and now I'm starting to have the same thoughts for Baby Girl.

This also brought up another question with another friend that is sometimes controversial...birth control. I know some couples that use absolutely nothing and leave it all in Gods' Hands. Could I be that brave? I don't really know how my husband would feel about this subject and would probably freak out a little...hehehe. It says in 1 Peter 5:7 to "cast all your care...", does that include a possible pregnancy as well? ALL means ALL, right? Do we get caught up in trying to control our own lives through modern day contraceptives? I am definitely guilty of this. I think sometimes we feel safer if we can "keep" from getting pregnant. I feel if I can control that part of my life then it will be okay.

So, will I have another? I don't know. I would like to one day (some family members just fainted..lol!). I know that if I don't then that will be okay too. I know that God has a plan for me and my life and it is a perfect plan. What do you think?, (please keep it family sensitive).

No comments: